Today’s interview is with Jan-Andrea Day, author of The Crystal Road. (4.94 stars out of 5 on Goodreads.com!)
I hope you enjoy it!
1) What is your author name and in what state do you live (or country if not in the US)?
Author name: Jan-Andrea Day – From Ontario, Canada
2) What is the title of your newest book and what is the genre?
Title: “The Crystal Road”. Non-Fiction.
3) What is the book about?
This is my Memoir. It is my Legacy project and healing journey. It is raw as it describes living with a husband suffering from alcoholism during a Metastatic Breast Cancer Diagnosis. As much as it touches some difficult topics, it’s light and hopefully inspiring.
4) Where did you come up with the idea?
I went back to my journals to figure out whether my husband was worth keeping. My many entries inspired me to put them in a more comprehensive order to leave my children. I hoped it would explain to them why I am the way that I am and why I made the decisions that I made. I wanted them to know that it’s alright to mess up, sometimes.
5) How long did it take you to write it?
The official book took about a year and a half to write to completion.
6) Did you learn anything from the project?
I learned that I have much more strength, than I never knew possible.
7) Do you have an author website and/or blog?
8) Do you have any success tips to pass on to fellow authors? How about any great editors/cover artists?
Write because you enjoy it, and not with the expectation that you will be able to live off of the royalties.
The cover of the Crystal Road was designed by the Tellwell team in Victoria, BC, Canada. I love it’s simplicity, but it’s perfect with applicable symbolism.
9) What genres do you like to read? Are you open to reading new authors and reviewing their work?
I love a good thriller, a mystery or inspirational read.
I would be open to exchanging manuscripts with fellow authors, for mutual review.
10) What is your favorite book of all time and why?
My favourite authors are “Dan Brown”, and “Steve Berry”. I love the obvious research and knowledge which backs their captivating story telling, making you feel, and believe the story. To pick one favourite, I remain undecided…
*As an Amazon associate I earn from qualified purchases.