Today’s interview is with W.L. Wright, author of Iolon Star.
1) What is your author name and in what state do you live (or country if not in the US)?
W.L. Wright and I reside in the great state of Nevada.
2) What is the title of your newest book and what is the genre?
The newest novel I wrote is Iolon Star and it is a science fiction/thriller.
3) What is the book about?
Iolon Star is the star that keeps all machines in an alien world running until it threatens their very existence. Sallo works in a menial job while he moonlights obsessively on his invention until he finds himself in a fight for the very survival of the Rektarian civilization. 512 is Sallo’s robot doing menial household chores happily until it feels forced to join the robot rebellion. Every Rektarian believes the geniuses will solve the robot rebellion problem just like they solved every other problem in the past, but time is running out for all of them while they wait.
4) Where did you come up with the idea?
I love science fiction but I am not a planner so I don’t plan a novel out before I write it. I sit down and write and if the story keeps going I keep writing. However, I did have the idea to write a book without any human beings in it before I wrote this one.
5) How long did it take you to write it?
Iolon Star took about four months to write.
6) Did you learn anything from the project?
I learned quite a bit more about stars and what might happen if you blew one up. The novel includes the actual reality of the possible outcomes of blowing up a star.
7) Do you have an author website and/or blog? How about a book video?
8) Do you have any success tips to pass on to fellow authors? How about any great editors/cover artists?
My biggest tip is keep writing, my next biggest tip is you need to promote and paid advertising works better than everything else. I do my own covers and edit myself but I work very hard at both. I work as a full time writer, very indie, so my budget is always tight for now.
9) What genres do you like to read? Are you open to reading new authors and reviewing their work?
I love all sorts of genres and anything that is a thriller/suspense story. I am open to doing reads and reviews for other authors.
10) What is your favorite book of all time and why?
The Shining, it kept me up at night and visually, wow what a story.
11) Fun Question: Do you have any pets? If so, what kind?
I used to have a ton of pets but I travel a lot all over the country now so I have one dog, a big giant wonderful German Shepherd named Klaus. He is the smartest dog I have ever owned.
12) Fun Question 2: Do you own an electronic reading device? If so, what kind and how do you like it?
I used to have an IPAD but Klaus jumped up playfully and it fell to the floor and cracked into pieces. But, he’s still the best dog in the world.
*As an Amazon associate I earn from qualifying purchases.