Today’s interview is with Lily Lawrence, author of Watching Jennifer!
1) What is your author name and in what state do you live (or country if not in the US)? My author name is Lily Lawrence and I live in a small town in Indiana.
2) What is the title of your newest book and what is the genre? Watching Jennifer is categorized as clean romantic suspense.
3) What is the book about? Watching Jennifer is about a woman from a small town navigating relationships, both romantic and familial. However, a stalker is watching Jennifer’s every move and he may or may not be someone she already knows.
4) Where did you come up with the idea? I have always loved a good romantic suspense novel that keeps you guessing until the end. This story just seemed to meld all the things I would enjoy reading about.
5) How long did it take you to write it? The book itself only took me about 4 months. The story was basically written in my head and had been for a while. It was just a matter of putting it into word. Now publishing took a bit longer, I actually wrote this book in 2015. I had shelved it while I began a new project.
6) Did you learn anything from the project? The main takeaway is that forgiveness is possible. Along with that theme, family relationships can be very complicated.
7) Do you have an author website and/or blog? How about a book video? I do not currently have a website or a blog, but I do have a facebook page, an author page on good reads, and an author page on Amazon.
8) Do you have any success tips to pass on to fellow authors? How about any great editors/cover artists? The only tip that I have is to read your project aloud after you get it back from the editor and prepare to finalize. Sometimes reading aloud helps you discover things that you might not have noticed.
9) What genres do you like to read? Are you open to reading new authors and reviewing their work? I enjoy a wide variety of books including, but not limited to Romantic Suspense, True Crime, Paranormal, Family Dramas, and Cozy Mystery. I would absolutely love to read and review new authors work.
10) What is your favorite book of all time and why? Hmmm..I find it very difficult to pick just one. I would say that my favorite book would be Don’t Tell by Karen Rose. I enjoy reading about strong female leads that overcome difficult circumstances to not only survive, but also thrive.
11) Fun Question: Do you have any pets? If so, what kind? I have 4 dogs. 2 were rescues- a basset hound mix and a chihuahua. Then, I have 2 rat terriers that I inherited whey my mother passed.
12) Fun Question 2: Do you own an electronic reading device? If so, what kind and how do you like it? I read on my tablet the most. I currently have the IPad 6 and I really like how it functions.
*As an Amazon associate, I earn from qualifying purchases.