Today’s interview is with Joannes Rhino, author of The Unseen Face.
Please see it below.
1) What is your author name and in what state do you live (or country if not in the US)?
Joannes Rhino. I live in Bali, Indonesia.
2) What is the title of your newest book and what is the genre?
The Unseen Face. It’s a drama-psychology/suspense semi-fiction novel.
3) What is the book about?
The Unseen Face is about memory loss, facing the demons of the past and questioning everything.
4) Where did you come up with the idea?
The Unseen Face is actually based on my close mate’s testimony about his disease. He had struggled with mental disorders since the loss of his loved ones. His story was very triggering for me to come up with The Unseen Face. However, it also elicited a lot of unexpected responses, negative or positive. For that reason, and to protect my friend’s personal life, I decided to twist up some of the facts. The content of The Unseen Face, however, is 80% based on actual event.
5) How long did it take you to write it?
Honestly speaking, the writing process didn’t take that long. No more than 6 months I got it done, roughly. However, the research and editing process took a lot of time, money and efforts.
6) Did you learn anything from the project?
The key word of the spiritual message in The Unseen Face is forgiveness. We have to remember that everything is giving by purpose. Hatred and revenge are not the best friends in our spiritual journey. Non ability to deal with negativity is leading to serious crimes, psycho problems, crumpled life and as an end result – wrong direction and wrong Spiritual Choices.
7) Do you have an author website and/or blog? How about a book video?
I don’t have the time to do that, yet.
8) Do you have any success tips to pass on to fellow authors? How about any great editors/cover artists?
Be yourself! Write only with your own writing style, not others. There is no bad writing. There’s just that, writing. Everyone has own style! Don’t be afraid to share what’s inside your head.
9) What genres do you like to read? Are you open to reading new authors and reviewing their work?
I love writing and reading psychology/thriller/suspense because when it comes to someone’s psychology, it’s amazing what I discover. There are a lot of things to discuss and share. Yeah, I am open to reading other’s works.
10) What is your favorite book of all time and why?
Paulo Coelho with “The Alchemist” and a motivational book by Rhonda Byrne “The Secret”. Those books really changed my perspective about life.
11) Fun Question: Do you have any pets? If so, what kind?
I have a Labrador, Rottweiler and German Shepherd.
12) Fun Question 2: Do you own an electronic reading device? If so, what kind and how do you like it?
I’m an old-fashioned person. I still prefer books on hand.
Admin: As an Amazon associate I earn from qualifying purchases.