I’m pleased to bring you this interview with Symone Dashell, author of Stigmata.
1) What is your author name and in what state do you live (or country if not in the US)?
My author name is Symone Dashell. I live in Atlanta, Georgia.
2) What is the title of your newest book and what is the genre?
The title of my book is “Stigmata”. It is a psychological thriller and Christian fiction.
3) What is the book about?
When Mya experiences a traumatic event that results in a fatality, she enters a whirlwind of a psychological nightmare that requires her to live her life with a dark and disorienting secret. Her existence in two different lives, two different eras, and with two different personas, begins to expand until, finally, it explodes.
4) Where did you come up with the idea?
My interests in mental health grew through my formal education. I came to understand the importance of it as I moved forward and even went through bouts of depression which pushed me into advocacy. I also have found myself researching the more severe mental disorders. I decided that my interests in mental health and my faith in God should come together in a novel.
5) How long did it take you to write it?
It took me almost a year to write this book.
6) Did you learn anything from the project?
I learned quite a bit from this project. I learned about my persistence, resilience, and patience. I learned that writing would be my lifelong hobby and career. I also came to understand the way that God interacts with me and confirms those things that I need to do in my life.
7) Do you have an author website and/or blog? How about a book video?
I do. Symonedashell.com is my website. Included on my website is a blog and a video under “works”.
8) Do you have any success tips to pass on to fellow authors? How about any great editors/cover artists?
I would say to not allow fear to stop your from following through with your work or from those things that you want.
I worked with an Australian artist by the name of Loui Jover for my book cover art. He was extremely nice and did an amazing job. I would recommend him to anyone.
9) What genres do you like to read? Are you open to reading new authors and reviewing their work?
I like to read psychological thrillers. I am open to reading new authors and reviewing their work.
10) What is your favorite book of all time and why?
Supermarket by Bobby Hall (Logic). This book appears to be something totally different on the surface. Once you get to the core of what is actually taking place, it draws you in and opens up your mind to the impacts of mental illness. It also incorporates humor.
11) Fun Question: Do you have any pets? If so, what kind?
I do! I have a yorkie named Bentley.
12) Fun Question 2: Do you own an electronic reading device? If so, what kind and how do you like it?
I really don’t. I have my phone and my computer where I downloaded the kindle app. I would like suggestions for the best one, though.