The second interview today is with Kaylin McFarren, author of Soul Seeker.
The interview questions can be found below.
1) What is your author name and in what state do you live (or country if not in the US)?
My pen name is Kaylin McFarren and I’m living primarily in San Diego, California, although I have a second home in Portland, Oregon where I visit my children.
2) What is the title of your newest book and what is the genre?
The title of my latest novel is SOUL SEEKER. It is Book 1 in my Gehenna Series and is described by readers as a new urban paranormal, romance-adventure taking you to the world of celestial politics, supernatural demons, guardian angels, soul collectors and other dark, maligning creatures referred to as humans.
3) What is the book about?
Here’s a one line description: While awaiting his execution on death row, Benjamin Poe meets with his lawyer and shares the unthinkable story of his battle against Crighton—the manipulating, soul-collecting demon that tricked him into murdering his own son.
4) Where did you come up with the idea?
I love supernatural stories, murder mysteries and thrillers and SOUL SEEKER came to me in a dream that begged to be written.
5) How long did it take you to write it?
I spent the better part of six months working on this 373 page story and about two months editing it before submitting it for publication.
6) Did you learn anything from the project?
I researched religious material, horror fiction, and biblical references and was surprised to learn the history of Lucifer and about his closeness to God.
7) Do you have an author website and/or blog? How about a book video?
8) Do you have any success tips to pass on to fellow authors? How about any great editors/cover artists?
I can only suggest to read like there’s no tomorrow. Reading gives great insight into the types of books and genres you enjoy and would perhaps enjoy writing as well. I have a great editor by the name of Aimee Long and my cover artist for all of my books is my daughter Amanda Tomo Yoshida, a Gnomon graduate with incredible talent.
9) What genres do you like to read? Are you open to reading new authors and reviewing their work?
I’m a huge thriller fan, which led me to write in this genre. I also enjoy discovering new authors and occasionally review their work.
10) What is your favorite book of all time and why?
Memoirs of a Geisha and Shogun are two of my favorite books. When I’m reading, I enjoy learning interesting information and discovering historical facts that are taboo, buried and rarely discussed.
11) Fun Question: Do you have any pets? If so, what kind?
I have two rescue puppies, although they’re both 11-years-old. One is a Malti-poo and the other is a Lhaso-poo. They’re both black and white and have the same markings, and sweet, easy going disposition.
12) Fun Question 2: Do you own an electronic reading device? If so, what kind and how do you like it?
I have an iPad loaded with lots of books that I love reading when I’m traveling back and forth to Oregon and California or relaxing by a pool on vacation. I also enjoy watching movies and social networking on it. 🙂
Admin: As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.