Today’s interview is with Stephanie Ross, author of Tears of the Unicorns.
1) What is your author name and in what state do you live (or country if not in the US)?
My author name is Stephanie Rose, it is my maiden’s name. I thought of keeping it as my pen name since I already published under this name before my marriage. Would have been weird to change my author name. I am located in South Germany near Stuttgart.
2) What is the title of your newest book and what is the genre?
My newest book is called “The Tears of the Unicorns”. It is a Fantasy trilogy and the final volume will be released on November 15th 2019.
3) What is the book about?
“The Tears of the Unicorns” is about the angel Caylen, who gets lost in his despair about the injustice of the world. He strives to destroy everything in order to create a better, more just world for all beings, especially those that are different. His sister Miriel has to find a way to stop the destruction her brother caused and safe the world.
4) Where did you come up with the idea?
The first ideas for this series came to me at the spur of the moment during a little project – a role play – I did with my best friend. It was a love story between the elements of Water and Fire. This story finally inspired me to pick up the idea of elemental magic and create a mystic new world of my own.
5) How long did it take you to write it?
If I remember correctly, it took me about 2 or 3 years to finish it – with looooots of disruptions.
6) Did you learn anything from the project?
I’d say it cleared my mind and helped me realize what I want to do with my life. It inspires me to go on.
7) Do you have an author website and/or blog? How about a book video?
I do have an author website which is bilingual (German and English) – www.searose-fantasy.de
I’ve always dreamed of a book video, but I haven’t found the right inspiration for one so far.
8) Do you have any success tips to pass on to fellow authors? How about any great editors/cover artists?
First, I’d say never give up on your dream. If you want to be a writer be a writer, with all your heart, and for the main part write for yourself, not to please others. Write what you want to write and not what others want you to. Put all your heart in it.
Since I had to find out the hard way that all that glitters is not gold, I decided to do the cover work for my books myself – and I think I am doing a pretty good job with it. It is – somehow – part of my real job (advertisement design).
9) What genres do you like to read? Are you open to reading new authors and reviewing their work?
I LOVE Fantasy stories! It is my favorite genre and I am always open to reading new and unknown authors if I like their story idea. There are so many good books out there that need to be discovered. I am no big fan of mainsteam literature though.
10) What is your favorite book of all time and why?
I don’t think I have an all time favorite book. There are a few books I enjoy reading over and over again though.
11) Fun Question: Do you have any pets? If so, what kind?
Does my husband count? 😀
12) Fun Question 2: Do you own an electronic reading device? If so, what kind and how do you like it?
I do have an eBook reader – a Kindle HD Fire – but I am not really into reading eBooks. I prefer the touch and smell of a real book.
*As an Amazon associate I earn from qualifying purchases.