Today’s interview is with Amitabh Sarwate, author of Humorously Yours! (Tales from the Gymkhana)
The link to buy it on Amazon is above!
Please see it below.
1) What is your author name and in what state do you live (or country if not in the US)?
Author’s name: Amitabh D Sarwate. Residence address: Los Gatos, CA, USA
2) What is the title of your newest book and what is the genre?
Title of book: ‘Humorously Yours’. Genre: Humor
3) What is the book about?
It’s a collection of 11 hilarious short stories inspired by real life events and characters. It’s a PG Wodehouse meets Indian Curry brand of humor :)Since its recent debut on Amazon, it has hit the Kindle bestseller list on several occasions.
4) Where did you come up with the idea?
The PG Wodehouse character Mr. Mulliner was the inspiration behind the book. I conceived a Mr. Mulliner kind of character in a very Indian setting. Thischaracter is a storyteller who operates from a famous sports clubhouse in a large Indian city, and regales his audience with quirky and witty stories often on their own dime.
5) How long did it take you to write it?
It was a 2 year long effort
6) Did you learn anything from the project?
A debut fiction book is a labor of love – from writing, editing, finding an agent and then a publisher – all takes time, but when you hold your first copy in hand, you realize it was all worth the trouble. From this particular project, I learnt to appreciate the art of picking up the traits of people from life all around us, the sights and sounds of the cities we live and work in, and use them to paint the stories in the book. It develops your powers of observation and the ability to absorb everyday situations and find humor in them.
7) Do you have an author website and/or blog? How about a book video?
Facebook page at: https://www.facebook.com/amitabh.sarwateBook video is available at: https://www.facebook.com/amitabh.sarwate/videos/10158371477819605
8) Do you have any success tips to pass on to fellow authors? How about any great editors/cover artists?
Commit the time to the writing process and enjoy it! The drafts, the editing, search for an agent, publisher – enjoy the process! Rejection is an inevitable part of the journey, but trust yourself, trust your writing and don’t give up. More than ever before, writers can find numerous platforms to publish their work.
9) What genres do you like to read? Are you open to reading new authors and reviewing their work?
I like reading Humor, Spirituality and Non-fiction. I can assist new first time authors and share my learnings with them.
10) What is your favorite book of all time and why?
Hard to pick one! So many.. 🙂
11) Fun Question: Do you have any pets? If so, what kind?
A dog. His name is Einstein. He is an adorable golden-doodle @ 5 years old.
12) Fun Question 2: Do you own an electronic reading device? If so, what kind and how do you like it?
Admin: As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.