Today’s interview is with Adam Jordan, author of Imposition (Book 1) and Rupture (Book 2 – shown above).
1) What is your author name and in what state do you live (or country if not in the US)?
- My name is Adam Jordan and I live in California.
2) What is the title of your newest book and what is the genre?
- Series: No Man’s World (Post-apocalyptic, Sci fi)
- Book I – Imposition
- Book II – Rupture
3) What is the book about?
- Premise: A ravaged Earth, eleven years into the apocalypse. Civilization collapsed after humanity’s encounter with another people from across the stars. These aliens had lost their world as well, and were left lost and stranded in the deep black of space, until they found Earth. As the world’s governments argued and fought over access to this stranded fleet, they destroyed themselves. Left with a planet on the verge of death, the alien species terraformed its face, cleansing the rot and radiation. A new world was given life; primal, beautiful, and dangerous. The remnants of humanity emerge from the shadows, without the shield of society. What will become of them?
- Book I: A small group ventures out in search for their lost friend, and find themselves caught between two ruthless factions.
- Book II: When a young warlord’s beast escapes, he heads off into new territory. On his search, he stumbles upon a city and discovers the world is much larger than he thought.
4) Where did you come up with the idea?
- It started off with a character, then a scene, and it blossomed into this insane world. It is an amalgamation of inspiration, from my life, and the stories I knew and loved.
5) How long did it take you to write it?
- The first book took me six years, and the sequel was another two.
6) Did you learn anything from the project?
- These being my first published works, I learned a lot about the process; how to go from idea to finished product. It requires a lot of patience and focus.
7) Do you have an author website and/or blog? How about a book video?
- I have a website! https://adamjordanbooks.com/books/
8) Do you have any success tips to pass on to fellow authors? How about any great editors/cover artists?
- Maybe I’ll have some more at that point. I would encourage other authors not to compromise with your story. If an editor points out a plot hole, it is good to listen and see how to fix it, but if anyone demands fundamental change to your original idea, I would strongly urge to resist. In the end it is your story.
- My editor, Courtney Andersson and my cover artist, Jeff Brown (brand = Jeff Brown Graphics) are incredibly talented and professional, and I would encourage authors on the look to reach out to them via Reedsy.
9) What genres do you like to read? Are you open to reading new authors and reviewing their work?
- I like sci fi, fantasy, survival, and post-apocalyptic stories. I don’t like forcing myself to read, and tend to spend a long time on one book that I find interesting, almost savoring it.
10) What is your favorite book of all time and why?
- My favorite books are the Lord of the Rings trilogy, and Kenneth Oppel’s Dark Wing. You cannot go wrong with Tolkien’s legendary work. They have everything, incredibly compelling characters, a vast world that felt constantly built upon, and an overall unforgettable journey.
- Dark Wing is probably the most fascinating book I’ve read to date; in a setting rarely seen in any medium, a world where dinosaurs are dying, and mammals are taking their first steps toward domination. I read Oppel’s Silverwing trilogy as a kid and fell in love with his world of superstitious bats, rats, and birds. I was blown away with their anthropomorphic cultures and conflicts. Dark Wing, the series’ prequel, brought it down to a more primeval level. The brutality, as well as the heartwarming moments were unforgettable.
11) Fun Question: Do you have any pets? If so, what kind?
- I have a cat. She is black and brown, and striped. Her name is Princess Bubblegum, or either Peebs or PB for short. She is named after my favorite character in the cartoon show, Adventure Time.
12) Fun Question 2: Do you own an electronic reading device? If so, what kind and how do you like it?
- I sadly do not, as of yet.
Admin: As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases.