Today’s interview is with Melinda Field, author of The Nest of Our Being.
1) What is your author name and in what state do you live (or country if not in the US)?
My author name is Melinda Field and I live in Northern California.
2) What is the title of your newest book and what is the genre?
The title of my book is THE NEST OF OUR BEING, the genre is fiction with a touch of magical realism.
3) What is the book about?
Although this book can be read as a standalone the story takes place five years after my first novel, TRUE.
In the summer of 2004 Julien Smith returns home to the mountains of far Northern California broken and morally injured. As his journey unfolds over the course of a year, we come to know his family, his mother’s circle of women and the interwoven stories of the beautifully flawed people of Green Valley.
4) Where did you come up with the idea?
The idea for the story grew out of my realization that both wonder and terror impact our lives, but the solid bedrock of family and our connection with wild nature, strengthen the ties that bind us to our fragile yet miraculous humanity.
5) How long did it take you to write it?
This novel took around four years to complete.
6) Did you learn anything from the project?
I learned how to write both a standalone book and a sequel. How to build suspense and how to create the mysterious creatures that inhabit the mountains of Green valley.
7) Do you have an author website and/or blog? How about a book video?
My website is melindafield.com
8) Do you have any success tips to pass on to fellow authors? How about any great editors/cover artists?
It’s never too late!
9) What genres do you like to read? Are you open to reading new authors and reviewing their work?
My fav genre is fiction
10) What is your favorite book of all time and why?
My most beloved book is Dandelion Wine by Ray Bradbury.
11) Fun Question: Do you have any pets? If so, what kind?
My horse Maverick passed last year…miss him so
12) Fun Question 2: Do you own an electronic reading device? If so, what kind and how do you like it?
I have an ipad and love it.
*As an Amazon associate I earn from qualifying purchases.